Thursday, April 9, 2009

Formula for Success = Goal + Roadmap + Action + Measure (GRAM)

Good goal, no change, good grief!

At the beginning of 2008, I set a goal to lose weight. It was the perfect goal. I had a good why. I knew this was going to be the year. My weight loss in 2008 was … zero, nada, zilch.

Same Goal New Formula

GOAL
For 2009 I set the same goal.

ROADMAP
I made a roadmap consisting of:

  • A graph showing my desired weight on any given day on the path to my goal;
  • High calorie food items to avoid; and,
  • Exercises to burn calories.

ACTION
I took consistent action to follow the road map.

MEASURE
I recorded and compared my weight with the daily objective.

New Formula, Different Results

After three months, I am actually ahead of my goal. The graph shows consistent weight loss. If you look closely, you can see some flat spots when I did not consistently follow the road map. All it took was a little extra effort the next week to get back on schedule. You can check it out at
http://bahlerfamily6.blogspot.com/.

May our Creator and Savior grant us favor as we add just a GRAM to our businesses and daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment