Thursday, April 16, 2009

Faith plus Action

You have heard “faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains.” You may also have heard “faith without works (or action) is dead.” Do these contradict each other? Definitely not!

Remember my weight loss story? In 2008 I was ready to lose weight. I talked about, thought about it, and had faith that I could. At the end of the year I had lots of excuses but not one pound lost. I was mired in wishful thinking which by itself produces nothing.

On the other hand, if we have action without faith, it’s futile. Others will quickly see we don’t believe in what we are doing and look elsewhere for solutions to their problems. No matter how hard we work, it will seem like we are treading water and getting no where.

So in examining our businesses, is either faith or action missing? What can we do to ignite faith or action into our businesses? First of all we pray and by the grace of God, in the days ahead I will try to share some ideas for increasing our business-related faith and activity.

May our Creator and Savior grant us faith to take action in our businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment