Monday, April 13, 2009

Dear Chris, Skyleur, Lewis, Kathi and Steve (Bahler),

This is a letter from Ann sharing her goals and motivations!

I attended Lewis Rasmussen's training in Bloomington last evening (Lewis, as always... it was AMAZING!). I have been distracted this week because my husband Paul's father (who is 89) had heart surgery this week, developed a blood clot and had to have emergency surgery again yesterday.

However, the morning conference calls that Kathi and Steve have had as a result of the SELC Fast Track have helped keep me focused on what I should be doing to advance my business, and the support of our team during this stressful time has been wonderful.

While reading my motivational and devotional readings this morning, I read the following, excerpted from "The Maxwell Daily Reader: 365 Days of Insight to Develop and Influence Those Around You":

Good leaders never embrace a victim mentality. They recognize that who and where they are remain their responsibility - not that of their parents, their spouses, their children, the government, their bosses or their coworkers. They face whatever life throws at them and give it their best, knowing that they will get an opportunity to lead the team only if they've proved that they can carry the ball."

There is more to today's reading, but that first paragraph stopped me in my tracks!

For the benefit of those of you who do not know my story, I was an abused child, married (the first time) at age 17 to someone who was also very abusive. I divorced, met and married my second husband within a 6 month period, and moved from Pittsburgh to St. Paul with he and his two young daughters, and we have been married now for nearly 33 years.

I was raped 21 years ago, and developed a rare blood disorder/leukemia due to the stress of that event... I truly believe that, like Lewis, Melaleuca's wonderful products are the reason I am here today!

Sometime in this past 21 years, I lost my faith in myself, and even though I have thought that I was on the right path MANY times to regaining my initiative and tenacity and ability to succeed, there was still a part of me that needed to recover. Everyone who knows me has always thought that I have the ability to be successful... everyone but me!

In fact, one time, Kathi and I picked up Laraine Agren when she came to the cities to do a training. She liked us so well that she called us her "sisters"! When she left to go home, she told me she would see me at the next SELC! When I was not there (after all, I am STILL not an Executive Director!!!), she had Kathi call me and then she asked me, "Why aren't you here? If I had YOUR abilities, I would be a CORPORATE DIRECTOR, and YOU could be, also!"

Well, the passage this morning from John Maxwell made me realize that my problem is, I have embraced a VICTIM mentality... and knowing what I need to change is POWERFUL! WOW, in fact, it is mind-boggling!!!

The reason I am writing this morning is, I am casting off this victim mentality! And even though I have said this before, as Lewis told me last night. "This IS the year you will become a Senior Director!"

My goal is, I intend to accomplish this BY CONVENTION, even if I do not get the announcement until August! I may not walk across the stage this year (I HOPE I do and I will do everything I can to ensure I achieve SD status by June 30th so I can!)... but Chris, you WILL have the chance to call me and tell me I FINALLY achieved Senior Director!

Thanks to ALL of you for your continued faith in my abilities... I LOVE this company, and like Lewis, I love all of you!

Sincerely,.

Ann Good


"You can never go back and make a brand new start. But you CAN start from now and make a brand new ending." - Henry Ford

1 comment: