Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Working in the Dark

I get to the office early each morning, before traffic gets bad. The lights are controlled by a central computer to come on automatically at 7:30. I call the computer when I get into the office to over ride the computer to turn the lights on immediately. Today the computer's phone is busy, so I am writing this in the dark.

It occurred to me that we are often in the dark about how to build our business. What causes the darkness? Lack of preparation, distractions, confusion over the details of the compensation plan or the ingredients in a product. So we sit and do nothing.

But I discovered, that with just a little light from the emergency light in the hall outside my office, I can still type this note. It's kind of automatic. Typing in the dark takes practice, then its gets easy, even in the dark.

Building the business is easy, too; it just takes practice, doing the right things over and over again until it becomes second nature, automatic. The right things are the Seven Critical Activities and these daily calls and the weekly Fast Track Call. These activities are enough light to build the business and along with a little faith in the Creator and Savior we can accomplish all our goals and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment